Sunday, May 3, 2015

Poopsday

Sorry, but I just have to add a few potty training photos. Hannah has BY FAR been my most stubborn child to potty train. Jordan and Sam went from diapers to undies at 2 years old and stayed dry since (okay, Sam had a few accidents here and there). Hannah, on the other hand, wouldn't even try. I tried everything I could think of to help her and then figured out the only thing I could do was have patience. I had to stop thinking of how old she was and worrying what everyone else would think. I had to wait. And I waited...and waited. 
Finally when we moved to Alaska she said the magical words, "mom, I want to sit on the potty!" She finally peed on the potty and was quite happy (and I think a little surprised with how easy it was).



Benji told Hannah when we first started the potty training adventure that we would get her a cake when she pooped on the potty and he kept his promise. Here she is with her "poopsday" cake!


So if I ever have to give advice on how to potty train here it is. Every child is different. Every child will potty train differently. Don't worry about what other people may think. That's really all. I do have more specific advice, but those are the main points.

No comments: