Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Jordan's big boy bed

Jordan LOVES his new bed. When we have visitors he immediately wants to show it off. He's been doing awesome sleeping in it, but we have had a few funny moments. There have been many times when I go to check on him and he will be sleeping with most of his toys. Seriously, the toys will be taking up 90% of the bed and Jordan will squeeze in the remaining space to sleep. I have gone in to find him on the floor numerous times, and once I found him half on the bed and half on the floor.
















I'm also way happy because Jordan loves his room. He spends most of his time playing in it, and actually it is one of my favorite rooms in the house too. These pictures don't do it justice, but here it is.


I've since added blue frames around those pictures, and that cool leaf above Jordan's bed is now attached to the wall. He loves sleeping under a leaf! I have to add that this room is the ultimate yard sale room. I think I've spent less than $200 on everything in this room. That includes all furniture, drapes, pictures, lions, wicker baskets, toy holders, hamper and bedding. Sure it doesn't match, but someday I'll be able to afford something like that! :)
















4 comments:

Jessica C. said...

I love it! That dresser with what appears to be a changing table on top appears to be an awesome piece of furniture I acquired for free when an old tenant couldn't move it across the country. That is awesome to see it put to good use - the room DOES match!

Jessica C. said...

appears...awesome...appears...awesome...

Benji said...

Hey, do you want that dresser back? Oops this is Melissa.

Melissa said...

You know, I've been thinking about this post, and I think the majority of the stuff in Jordan's room was either given to us, or bought from a store at an awesome price. Some stuff came from yard sales, but only a few things. I guess I should say it is the ultimate frugal room.