Friday, October 31, 2008
I'm pretty sad, I took really cute pictures of Jordan knocking on doors and walking with his pumpkin candy bucket, but I didn't have my memory card in my camera, and didn't realize until it was too late. :(
Benji and I sent a wedding announcement to President Bush and received a card from him. Since then I have wanted to send baby announcements to the current president so I could save the card in baby books. I thought it would be a cute way of showing our kids who the president was when they were born. We didn't make baby announcements for Jordan, but I still wanted to send one to President Bush. Well, I forgot, and time passed, and then I felt stupid sending an announcement months and months late. So this year in May I finally sent an announcement, I just left the year off Jordan's birthday. It was a year late, but didn't appear that way. :) I just received a card from President Bush and Laura Bush this week. If you click on the picture it is big enough to read.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Later on we were getting ready to leave to help set up for a Halloween party and of course I lost my keys. I was frantically throwing things around, checking under couch cushions, and anywhere else I could think to look. I was getting frustrated and emotional, so I said a prayer. Jordan was in the room with me so I prayed out loud. I ended the prayer and asked Jordan if he could help me find the keys. He ran to the kitchen and pointed to the hook where we hang our keys. Of course, they were there! The one place I didn't look was the place they are supposed to be anyway!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Me: Jordan where is your potty? (Jordan points)
me: Can you say potty?
Jordan: basketball (starts giggling a little)
me: you're silly, it's not basketball, can you say potty?
Jordan: Potty ball
Then he started laughing and laughing and soon he was chanting, "Potty ball." He thought he said the funniest joke ever.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Sunday, October 26, 2008
2. When he hears a toilet flush he runs to wave and say the same thing.
3. He started saying Disneyland ("Ni nee") and he thinks he's so funny when he says it, he laughs and laughs.
4. When we were at Disneyland I asked Benji if he wanted to go on Pirates, and Jordan pointed to the skull and crossbones on Benji's shirt.
5. He really loves the rides at Disneyland now. While we were on Pirates and were coming up on the second drop (or as Jordan calls them, waterfalls) Jordan started saying, "yeah! yeah, yeah, yeah!"
6. He's been folding his arms for prayers for awhile, but last night he made it half the prayer with his eyes closed, and the whole thing without talking.
7. In church the Primary kids were practicing for the Primary program. Every time a child would get up to say their speaking part Jordan would fold his arms and bow his head.
8. He takes three hour naps, which is nice because so do I.
9. He randomly slept in until 9:00 one morning. Of course, it also happened to be the morning I woke up at 6 am and couldn't go back to sleep. It still was nice because I got to take a relaxing bath and read a great book (the same book that Jordan happened to throw into the bath later that day, that doesn't count for a reason why I love him this week).
10. He planted tons of kisses on me at Disneyland. I love Jordan kisses.
11. He's now old enough for nursery, but not old enough to know when you go to a Trunk-or-Treat party you are supposed to get candy.
12. Lately when we go run errands he knows where we are as we pull up. He will say one word that reminds him of the place we are. When we pull up to Jonas' house he says basketball. When we pull up to the grocery store he says balloon (he gets a free one every time we go). When we go to Target he says cookie. (He got a cookie once from the food counter they have there, and I guess he never forgot about it!) When we pull on to our street he says choo-choo.
13. He picks out the shopping cart he wants at the store. As we walk in he will point to one and say, "there!" (which sound like, "Day-Oh") Sometimes we pass many carts before he picks out the one.
14. Benji has sang the Trogdor song to Jordan since he was a baby. Last night Jordan tried to sing along.
15. He stayed in his Halloween costume the entire party.
16. He will let me know when he's ready for a nap by telling me he wants a blankie and water.
17. Jordan wanted to pick up and play with an earwig, but was afraid of a butterfly.
18. He wouldn't eat his strawberries until he got sprinkles (sugar) on them.
19. He calls all pumpkins waterfalls now.
20. He called the braid in my hair a waterfall.
21. He doesn't talk about politics, the economy or Wall Street.
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Friday, October 17, 2008
We are so excited to have one of these again soon.....
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
1. Where did you meet? Utah State University. My roommate had a class with him, and really wanted to set us up on a date. My intramural football team was playing in the championship game, so I called and invited him, and he showed up! I didn't even know him yet! What a nice guy.2. How long did you date before you were married? We dated for one year and four months. That includes the engagement.
3. How long have you been married? 2 years and 7 months
4. What does he do that surprises you? He can always make me laugh. He is very witty, and always says funny things that catch me off guard. He's the funniest person I know.
5. What's your favorite feature about him? His green eyes.
6. What's your favorite quality about him? His priorities are in the right place. The gospel and family are most important to him. He actually wanted to become a dentist so he would have more time to spend with his family.7. Does he have a nickname for you? What is it? Moe. (it's a long story, but that's also my nickname for him)
8. What is his favorite color? glow-in-the-dark
11. Who said I Love You first? He did. There is this website where everyday is a holiday. We went to the website to see what holiday was on the next day. It was "Whisper, I love you day." The next day he whispered I love you! (I whispered it back.)
12. When and where was your first kiss? We had been dating for 2 or 3 weeks. We were at his apartment. We had just watched a movie from the dollar store called, Die Sister Die. Pretty dang romantic! :)
13. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? Go to sporting events, watch sports on TV, or go to the park and play sports. We love sports.
14. Do you have kids? Jordan. You may have read about him on my blog.
15. What is a hidden talent he has? He can sleep through anything!
16. How old is he? 27...that seriously took me a long time. I will admit, I forgot.
17. Whats his favorite type of music? alternative, but really anything that is catchy.
18. What do you admire most about him? He is so intelligent. He can study for an hour or two and do well on a test. I am completely opposite, I'm so bad at taking tests! I hope our kids take after him.
19. What is his favorite past time? Spending time with his family, fishing, or playing video games.
20. Do you think he is going to read this? Yeah, he always reads my blog. Mostly because every time he gets home from school I announce, "I BLOGGED!"
I love you honey! You are the best! Thanks for all you do for our family!
Can you have a toddler that is too polite?
Monday, October 13, 2008
I didn't realize it was a holiday until I went to the bank to cash a check today. For those who don't know it's Columbus Day! In celebration of the day I thought I would post a quote from Mark E. Peterson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles about Christopher Columbus:
"Go to any public library, read almost any detailed biography of the discoverer [Columbus], and it becomes immediately clear that he felt himself an inspired man, sent of heaven to make the voyage. For example, Columbus, Don Quixote of the Seas, written in German by Jacob Wassermann and translated into English by Eric Sutton, tells the story very well [quoting Columbus]:
"'The Lord was well disposed to my desire and He bestowed upon me courage and understanding; knowledge of seafaring He gave me abundance, of astrology as much as was needed, and of geometry and astronomy likewise. Further, He gave me joy and cunning in drawing maps and thereon cities, mountains, rivers, islands, and harbours, each one in its place. I have seen and truly I have studied all books--cosmographies, and other arts for which our Lord unlocked my mind, sent me upon the sea, and gave me fire for the deed. Those who heard of my emprise called it foolish, mocked me, and laughed. But who can doubt but that the Holy Ghost inspired me?' (Boston: Little, Brown and Co., 1930, pp. 19-20.)"