Sunday, March 28, 2010

Lookin good

So I've been working on a few projects in the new house and I'm getting way excited about how they are turning out. All these pictures were taken when we were going around the house during the inspection, so all the decorations belong to the previous owner of the home (just so you know), but the built-ins, and fireplace are the same. We decided not to put our TV above the fireplace because when the previous owner took his down it was warped because of the heat, so eventually we plan on getting a mantel shelf and since there is a huge hole where his TV was hanging we'll have to find a large mirror, picture or painting to hang there. Last night I sanded and primed the built ins and fireplace so I can paint them white. The room is a pretty dark room and it immediately made it look so much lighter. I can't wait to paint it and get a picture up. The difference is huge. I also started painting the walls a bright sage green color. It wasn't exactly what I was going for, but now that it's next to the white built-ins I think it looks pretty. Anyway, just wanted to show you my new project and there will be pictures soon. I'm resting today, so the project will be finished Monday! Then it's off to IKEA for drapes and accessories on Tuesday.

Then my next project:

Painting these Salmon colored kitchen counters a dark, rich brown color.
and taking down the rooster wall paper trim and repainting the kitchen.

1 comment:

Porter's said...

Looking good melissa! Projects are always fun :) i'm working on a few myself. Oh, and I love the built in shelves in your living room.