Friday, April 10, 2015

The first moose spotting in our yard

So I have been waiting since we moved in to see a moose in our yard. I knew they were out there because we live in Alaska, but also because I could see their tracks all over the place. I was talking to my cousin on the phone and was just wandering the kid's bedrooms and when I looked out the window I saw this guy standing there chomping on twigs and branches. I had to hurry and get off the phone and I took these pictures. I'm mad I didn't have a battery charger for my nice camera (it showed up the next day in the mail), but my phone camera was good enough.

So I took these pictures from our kitchen window and was in awe at how big I thought this moose was, when I realized this one was the baby. The big mama moose came tromping out of the woods a little later. Moose are big.


























No comments: