Thursday, December 11, 2008

My tender hearted boy

I'm not sure if all little kids are like this, but Jordan is such a sensitive, tender boy. He hates violence of any kind (including football) and he hates yelling. He doesn't mind loud noises, such as Disneyland rides or loud music, it's mostly just yelling. Yesterday he was bawling after Benji showed me a video of a guy throwing a table in anger and as I was consoling him I asked if he was going to be the peacemaker in our home and he said yes, so maybe his tender heart will come in handy later on. It's funny because I can see a lot of me in him--I was a very sensitive little girl. I would cry if people would laugh at cute things I did, because I thought they were laughing at me. At least I'll know how he's feeling, and how to make him feel better. Maybe this will all change when he's no longer an only child...

3 comments:

Benji said...

I just wanted to point out the most recent episode. Chris Everett (a female tennis player) was on Oprah yesterday and so I told Melissa that the only reason I know who she is, is because of this incident where QB Jim Everett stands up to a sports anchor who kept calling him Chris. I thought it was a cool video. Jordan fell to pieces.

Julie said...

He will be a very protective big brother, don't you think?

Matt and Jenni said...

I think little kid pouty faces are the most adorable thing ever. That picture is so sweet.... its good that he's like that, cuz then he won't be a punk when he's a teenager.