Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Double Boo

I bought Jordan a movie that was highly recommended to me by a few friends. It's called Leap Frog Letter Factory. It's a cute movie that teaches the letters and the sounds they make. I initially bought it because it's short, so when Jordan asked for a movie he wasn't watching a two hour movie and as an added bonus it's educational and fun. Right away Jordan loved his "froggy" movie and watched it everyday. I didn't expect results so quickly or any results at all, but Jordan now recognizes most letters and knows all of their sounds. I was shocked when he pointed out the "double boo" on his Winnie the Pooh movie so I started quizzing him only to become more shocked at how much information he actually retained from the movie! I want to post a video of him soon, but we have to figure out how to get them on our computer first!

I recommend this movie to any parents with toddlers or preschool age children. It's incredible!

4 comments:

Steph said...

I think you've just got a genius Hadfield kid on your hands-- runs in the family y'know. (wink)

Grandma B said...

I LOVE the letter factory movies! Leanora walks around all day singing "When two vowels go walking, the first one does the talking."

Grandma B said...

That above note was from April, by the way. I'm not quite sure why it put my mom's name. Hmmm.....?

Michelle said...

Melissa that is hilarious about your little boy. I teach preschoolers and I swear they are like sponges they soak up everything. The letter factory also has a cute fridge magnet that has all 26 letters and when you put them in the base they sing every letter has a sound and they say the sound. A few of my speech therapists love it. HAVE A GREAT DAY. Congrats on the baby coming sooner I think...I bet you feel like you lost some time.
Michelle Smith (Camille's old roomie)