Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Preschool day 2

I don't think I'll post preschool pictures every time we have it, but because it's so new and fun you'll probably see pictures every other day. Here are a few things we did today.

For a science project we went outside and put some snow in a container. We put a few drops of food coloring in it and set a timer to see how long it would take to melt inside.

Here's our new preschool calendar! It's the perfect way to get their attention and start preschool. I love that Jordan is giving his cheesiest smile and Sam is crying.

We also hung up our bulletin board.

We talked about different activities you can do in the snow and colored some pictures of those activities. Then we went for a walk outside and observed the ground, trees, bushes and mountains and what they look like during winter. We talked about how some trees lose their leaves in the winter time. We took a stick from one of those trees to make a winter mobile.

Jordan loves that it's like a blimp.

We focused on the letter 'M' today and made snow capped mountains out of the letter M. This was fun because we got to go observe our mountains outside and see how they are covered with snow. I was pleased when Jordan said, "Melt starts with M too!" When we had our snack I told them they had to make the sound of the letter M while they ate, "Mmmmm."

Then we checked out our orange melted snow.

The favorite song of the day:

Snowman (to the tune of "Twinkle Twinkle, little star)

Snowman, snowman, where did you go?
I built you yesterday out of snow.
I built you high and I built you fat.
I put on eyes, a nose and hat.
Now you're gone and melted all away. (while melting to the floor)
But it's sunny outside so I'll go play.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You should post preschool pictures everyday! So fun!

Julie said...

That is so awesome. It looks like a ton of preparation. Great job!