Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween

Oh boy! Yesterday was a full day! A fun day, but a very full one. I started the day out with a scowling angry bird inches from my face saying, "Did you steal my eggs?" Jordan was in character from the moment he woke up and was disappointed that I didn't want to sit on towers all day while he knocked them over. We did that a few times, but it wasn't sufficient for my Angry Bird.

My boys wanted to be in their costumes as soon as they woke up and that was fine with me. Sam told me, "I want to be a bunny so I can jump and nuggle (snuggle)." I guess those are the things bunnies do.

Jordan had preschool so we got him dressed and dropped him off. Even though it might look like he's in pain, this is really his angry face.
Once we were in the preschool he was pleased at how many people liked his costume. He has introduced all of his teachers to Angry Birds because he talks about it all the time! None of them knew what it was before my sweet, obsessed son.

After we picked up Jordan from preschool we went to Kent's grocery store to trick or treat there. They hand out cans of root beer, string cheese, twinkies, fruit snacks, chocolate milk, chips and other fun treats. My boys LOVED it! It maybe was better than knocking on doors. While I was there I noticed they had their Halloween candy (the good chocolate candy bar stuff) on sale for $1.50 a bag. I ended up buying all my Christmas candy! :)

After Kent's I had a Doctor's appointment so I dropped the boys off at Nana's house to play. I reminded my doctor that we had scheduled my c-section for the 14th, but he was going to try to see if I could have her on the 11/11/11. He told me if I REALLY wanted that day we would make it work. Of course I want a healthy baby girl, but I think it would be awesome for her to have the cool birthday. After all, choosing the day I have my babies is one of the advantages of having c-sections.

Wait, this is a Halloween post. Back to Halloween.

So, we got home and had a few minutes to get ready for our ward's trunk-or-treat. But then I started feeling bad that we hadn't carved pumpkins yet, so in world record time, we made this guy.
Then we headed out the door for the trunk-or-treat.
This is my costume, it's kind of hard to see in this picture, but I have an Angry Bird pig on my belly. Jordan was sad that Hannah wasn't going to dress up this year, so I helped her out a little.

Jordan was good at staying in character the whole time, I caught him practicing angry faces.

Benji contributed to the costume theme with a shirt. It actually ended up being a good thing for those that didn't know what Jordan was dressed up like Benji could just point to his shirt. Either people know what an angry bird is or they have no idea, so we got a good kick out of those that didn't know what he was. An old lady guessed he was a frying pan and my neighbor thought he was a demon.

This one is opposite of a demon....

Benji walked around with the boys while I sat at the car.

Here is my self timer portrait.

When I was getting pictures of the boys I told Sam to give Benji a big bunny hug.

But he immediately pulled away and yelled, "You hurt me!!"

It was because of Benji's scruffy face. I guess bunnies never get scruff.

Sam was just full of great faces yesterday:

And he had fun jumping and bouncing.


After the trunk-or-treat we ate some dinner then headed out to knock on some doors.

I started out by waiting with the stroller by the street, but my boys don't quite have door etiquette down yet. If nobody would answer they would both start yelling, "HELLLLLO? Is anybody in there!!? Your lights are on!" Also, Sam thought it was okay to play with anything in the yards or on porches. He also would stay and chat with each person. He would tell them about his costume, his candy and what he did that day. (He'll be a great missionary.)

Here they are with all their loot. I can't believe how much candy they got! I also can't believe how much candy we had left over. WHAT are we going to do with it all!!?

4 comments:

Kelsey Deklerk said...

Okay, first, your short hair looks very cute!! Second, I LOVE the adorable picture of Sam. You know, the non-demon one. Third, I'm really jealous that you got to go trick or treating. That may be the only reason I want kids at this point in my life. hahaha. And finally, I still cannot stop laughing about the frying pan! haha. That's so great!

Stephanie said...

You look so cute! Your boys crack me up!

Ali said...

Love the costumes! Good to see you! Wow, baby time soon!

My sister had an idea: have them choose 20 candies, then put the rest in a pinata for a birthday... or thanksgiving... or something???

Kelsey Deklerk said...

I still laugh every time I see the picture of Jordan walking away from the door all happy... just because he's dressed up like an angry bird and his costume is hilarious. That's the only reason.