Saturday, November 14, 2009

Fun with cousin Ryan

My sweet nephew Ryan comes to our house to play on Fridays because his mom works in Brigham at Benji's office. Jordan has loved having someone to play with and it's been good for Jordan to learn to share his toys and have a big boy to teach him important things. (**eh hem**, potty training!)

In the morning they wanted to go outside. I tried to tell them it would probably be too cold, but they convinced me they would be just fine. So we bundled up in coats and hats and out they went. Jordan caved after about 3 minutes, he came inside to inform me he was, "frozen!!" Ryan came in 5 minutes later shivering. So I wrapped them up in warm blankets and gave them hot chocolate to help them become unfrozen.

After this they tried to tell me they wanted to go outside again, but I think they just wanted more hot chocolate. So I sent them upstairs to Jordan's room to play. By play, I mean empty every toy bin, toy box, toy shelf, and toy cupboard. Is there any other way to play?

We then decided to go fishing. They picked out the perfect fishing poles (sticks from the ground outside), colored fish, cut them out, and made a "lake".Don't mind Jordan's floods. :)

Yes, I know the fish look like blimps with fins.




Then the boys helped me make banana bread, I measured, they poured. Jordan always loves helping me in the kitchen because he gets to make all sorts of waterfalls--egg waterfalls, flour waterfalls, milk waterfalls, etc.

This is the only way I could take a picture of both of the boys together without Jordan freaking out. They were having a lot of fun jumping for the pictures. Jordan couldn't quite get the timing down, he was always two seconds behind Ryan or one second before.

This is my favorite picture of the day. I'm going to title it, "I guess the sippy cup didn't have a stopper in it."

2 comments:

Julie said...

No wonder Ryan is so excited to come to Jordan's house! On Wednesday he was mad at me because it wasn't Friday yet. Thanks for having so much fun! Entertaining 3 little boys is no easy task.

Kelsey Deklerk said...

I see my blanket! haha. but cute pictures! You need to bring the boys to Logan. My roommates are talking about adopting a baby for the apartment haha. We'll take care of them for a while :)