Friday, November 13, 2009

Hogle Zoo

On Wednesday I spent the morning at Hogle Zoo with my boys, my cousin Camille and her son Jackson. It was a perfect day to go to the zoo. There weren't too many people there and the weather was comfortable and cool. My favorite animal of the day had to be the baby elephant. He was so stinkin cute. After eating and cuddling with his momma he climbed up on a giant ball and posed for the crowd of people for about 5 minutes. He looked like a tiny circus elephant.
I have more pictures of animals than I do of my kids this trip because Jordan is getting very difficult to take pictures of. He was being quite the stinker that day. Also, I didn't bring Sam's pacifier with us and he is teething so he was extra grumpy.
He did pose for this picture, but mostly because I told him to do a pull up so we could see his big muscles.

This is Jordan growling at the bears--they are his favorite animal at the moment.


Then there was this cutie. He stood in that awkward stance for a few minutes. Doesn't look very comfortable so I don't know what he was doing. I love his knobby knees!!


Looking at the two huge turtles. Jordan loved them.

Camille saved the day with a biter biscuit for Sam. It kept him busy for awhile, but like any biter buscuit it made a huge mess.

Jordan was so excited to ride the train.

Sam, on the other hand, did not like the train. At all!


I love seeing these two together. They are exactly a year apart, so it's fun to remember what Jordan was like a year ago, and look forward to what Jackson will be like in a year. So Camille, when you go back to the zoo in a year look forward to this:


P.S. Thanks for the fun morning Camille, let's do it again soon!!

1 comment:

The Olsen Family said...

That is one of my FAVORITE places of ALL time. I'm glad you guys got to do and enjoy it. You are one brave momma to do it alone! I give you full props!