Thursday, May 27, 2010

We have a bed!

For the first time in our marriage Benji and I have a brand new mattress and bed frame. We have always slept on a mattress and box springs on the floor.

After we had been married a few years we saved up some money and bought king size bed frame from IKEA. After an hour or two of building the stupid thing we realized we have a California king and not a king mattress, so it didn't fit and we couldn't take it back to IKEA. We took the bed frame apart and kept it in our garage for the next two years because I didn't have the heart to sell a bed frame we saved our money for and never used. After Uncle Sam made a tax return deposit in our bank account this year we purchased a brand new mattress and we finally get to use our frame after two years in storage. So far I love it, but the one thing that is hard to get used to is I can't leave my kids on my bed because the fall is a lot farther than the foot and a half it was before. Then again--no kids on my bed--that's a nice thought.

Now the story of the leopard comforter. (This post is a lot longer than I ever intended. Who knew I had so much to say about my bed.) When Benji was a single and handsome bachelor he owned leopard sheets. When we got married he wanted leopard sheets and I laughed and said, "no way, but if you can find king size leopard sheets than I will." I was totally laughing to myself in my head because I thought poor, poor Benji nobody in their right mind would ever make leopard sheets for a king size bed. Well, when we went to the store to purchase some things after I moved to California we came across this cheesy leopard-bed-in-bag and we had to buy it because I promised. Also, it didn't hurt that it was on clearance. Apparently, they make leopard blankets and sheets for king sized beds, but nobody buys them. Except for us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your bed! It was fun being with you today, and I'm glad I got to take a nap on your new bed while Sam had his nap. That is a comfortable bed!!