Friday, June 25, 2010

442 got a face lift...

...we removed the ugly bushes in front of our house last week! Luckily, when we moved in they were at least pruned so they looked a little nice. But I am not a fan of these bushes, even if they are pruned, so we got rid of them. There is only one thing these ugly bushes are good for, and that is making a nice place for spiders to live. You can't really tell from this picture, but I was trying to capture how many webs are all over the stupid thing. Look closely, they are there...

My brother-in-law's father brought over his tractor and attacked the things for us!

And of course, my boys were excited to watch a tractor in their front yard.



Now here's the after picture. I know it looks bare (and not so cute) right now, but that will change. I'm trying to decide what to plant there, and that might take awhile.

P.S. Does anyone know how to fix the discolored bricks that are below our windows?

2 comments:

Doran & Jody said...

Looks good. When you figure out about the bricks without painting, let me know.

Unknown said...

If nothing else, find some bushes or tall flowers that will cover the same height!
The picture of the boys is so cute watching them take out these tams. Bet they loved watching the video when it was over too!