Friday, October 1, 2010

Through the eyes of a child

Jordan has always had a difficult time getting his haircut. Well, I don't know if I have a harder time or he does. There is always a lot of screaming, crying, wiggling, bouncing and other tantrum related activities--it didn't make for a good haircutting environment. Well, a few weeks ago I told him he needed to get a "firework haircut" and he was so excited. We went to the haircutting place, he sat down, quietly watched the hairdresser work, then he was done. It was awesome! He loves his new firework hair!

We were in Walmart a few days after he got his wonderful firework hairdo and we were doing our normal shopping when a sweet looking old woman started walking towards us. She had a very typical old woman hairdo (short and curly), but Jordan thought it looked fantastic, "WOW! He has a firework haircut just like me!" I'm not sure if she heard, but I hope she didn't!

I take the boys for a walk everyday and as we're out we've started pointing out the beautiful flower gardens or vegetable gardens people have in their yards. One day Jordan looked into a yard that looked like it hadn't much care....ever. He still found the beauty in the yard as he said, "Ooooh, look at their beautiful dirt garden!"

No comments: