Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What a pretty boy

We have a tiny bathroom in our house so I usually have to sit in front of our mirror in our room to get ready. Jordan likes to sit down next to me and watch, and he especially loves when I put on my makeup. Maybe I'm just trying to stick up for my little boy, but with all of the brushes, colors, and sparkles what little kid wouldn't love makeup? Ok. Maybe my boy is weird. I don't know.
Anyway, the other day I started applying makeup and Jordan started rubbing his lips together and then smacking them. I thought it was a little odd, and then I realized he was mimicking my lipstick application. Yesterday, Jordan was quietly watching me, then out of no where he said, "pretty" which sounded more like, "priiiiiiiitty." Maybe I should intervene. I don't know what this makeup obsession is going to do to him.

2 comments:

Steph said...

No need to intervene-- it's totally normal for a little kid to mimic one of his favorite people. However, that's coming from the mother of a 2 year old who likes to pretend he's a princess...

Ali said...

Jordan is a crack-up! Love all the pictures and posts. Don't worry--Jake is pretty "boyish" and still LOVES to try out all of my makeup. I think it's great, until he steals it and makes a huge mess!