Monday, December 17, 2012

Meet our elf on the shelf

 
I think most people know what Elf on the Shelf is, but if you don't here is the simplified explanation. He (or you can get a girl) shows up at your house during the holidays to check on the behavior of the kids. Every day he returns to the North Pole to tell Santa the events of the day and to tell him if everyone was naughty or nice. Then he comes back to your house, but he'll be in a new spot. So every morning it's fun to see where he is next.

This is the first year we've done elf on the shelf, so I knew the first time he showed up I needed it to be big or just something that would catch their attention. I also knew he needed to be up high because if you touch your elf on the shelf he loses his magic and can't fly to the North Pole at night. My kids didn't know that rule yet, so he needed to be somewhere they wouldn't touch him.

Well, our cute little elf covered the entrances to our front room with streamer, then he covered our tree. I knew that would definitely get their attention.



In the morning Sam was so excited. He actually crawled under the streamer to get a closer look.

She knew something was up as well.

Sam woke up Jordan to show him.





 Sam pretended to be a crab for this side. :)


You're also supposed to give your elf a name right away. Ours is named Streamer, of course.

PHOTO BOMB! hahaha


I've heard from so many people that they think he's creepy. It's funny how I'm starting to take offense to that. I think he's adorable....and he makes my children act adorable so I love him.

I'll post more of what Streamer has been up to soon!

1 comment:

Kelsey Deklerk said...

I always wondered why you called him streamer.. Brilliant!