Saturday, October 4, 2008

It's the same

Jordan was wearing a shirt the other day that has a helicopter on it. When I took it off before he went to bed he looked at it, grabbed it, and ran out of the room. I could hear him in the other room shouting in triumph. He came running back in and showed me this little airplane toy and the shirt, he thought they were the same. He was so excited! It was so funny to see him wave the shirt and the airplane in the air and jump around the room (seriously, he was that excited).

So, that was the beginning. Now he loves to find things that match, or are the same. He found two basketballs yesterday and waved them in the air shouting. He found two clocks at Jonas' house and was even more excited.

Now he likes to count the things he finds that are the same. He mostly points and says, "too, too, tree!" Today we went to Walmart and he saw rows and rows of bikes hanging from the ceiling and was so excited he counted, "too, too, too, too, too, too TREE!!"

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Too, too, too, TREE...That Jordan is so smart. I am so excited to see you guys!!!

Ashley said...

Your kid rocks. He is so smart...I'm sorry that mine is not very nice to him. I love watching these kids start making those kinds of connections that we take for granted. It puts me in check, like "Oh, shoot, I am supposed to teach you that stuff." Are you already starting to potty train?

Melissa said...

We're just getting Jordan used to his potty. He sits on it with his clothes on. He's not ready yet, but he's showing a few signs. He thinks the new potty is a basketball hoop, so I know he's not ready to go in it!

Eli's good for Jordan. He needs to have someone toughen him up. :)

Mardi and Jeremey said...

He is getting so smart. I am so excited for Becks to start talking.

Camille and Paul said...

What a smart cookie....looks like you will have another Doctor or dentist in the family! I am excited to see you!

Ali said...

So funny! Reading this blog reminds me how seriously neglected Alisa is and will be. I was so on top of it with Jake...