Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Good intentions

Today was going to be a great day. I woke up with every intention to pamper myself a little and to actually take the time to get ready. I feel bad for my husband when he comes home to frumpy me, to be honest. So today I was going to use the good shampoo, I was going to wear "going out in public" clothes, I was going to actually shave my legs, I was going to wear makeup and use one of those hair styling products I know I have somewhere. It was going to be a great day.

After relaxing in the bath for about 3 minutes Jordan entered the bathroom with his mouth full of black licorice and spit it out in my bath water then triumphantly shouted, "I spit it all out!"

So, I clean up the sticky toddler, the sticky tub, and by that time I needed to feed Sam and get Jordan a snack. After Sam was sleeping and Jordan was happily playing basketball again I stepped in the shower.

I was in the shower for about two minutes when Sam started crying. I peeked on him to make sure he was safe, then got back in the shower. Sam's crying quickly turned to wailing, then to screeching, then to crying so hard it sounded like he was choking. So, I rinsed off, put on the sweat pants and baggy shirt, put my hair up and comforted my baby. Now it is 10:00 and I am giving up on getting ready. At least I used the good shampoo.

No wonder there are so many talk shows that do mommy make-overs!

1 comment:

Camille and Paul said...

oh man! Just when I start considering trying to get pregnant with another I am quickly reminded to think REALLY LONG AND HARD about it! :) You are a great MOM!