Friday, July 29, 2011

Bus

Today we went to Logan for a little while, so since we were already there I thought it would be fun to take the boys on a bus ride. The Cache Valley Transit District is completely fare-free, so we were able to jump on a bus and go where ever we wanted without worrying about anything. When I lived in Logan 6 years ago the CVTD (then it was the LTD) was one of three fare-free public transit systems in the US. I didn't bother to google the info, but I think there are quite a few more cities now that offer free rides to entice people to ride public transportation and not drive their cars.

My boys loved it!!
Jordan had to make sure he got a row all to himself.

Sam was enthralled with all the people that would get on the bus at the different stops.

We passed some very famous landmarks like Aunt Kelsey's old apartment! :)

We hoped off the bus at the Utah State campus to visit Aunt Mandy for a few minutes and check out the waterfall.

I didn't get a picture with Mandy, but she did share her yummy treats with us. Notice how I am holding Sam's arm in this picture...just try and tell a two year old he can't eat his candy yet because mom needs a picture, he wasn't patient enough! :)

Waiting for the bus again.

Sam is starting to think this is realllllllly cute to do in a picture.

2 comments:

Kelsey Deklerk said...

a) there's only 4 fare-free bus systems in the country now. and b) you look so freaking. UNBELIEVABLY dang cute in that picture I could die... I love your dress too.

Mindy said...

Bah! Look how adorable you look! I am so glad you all had a marvelous time on the La Te Da! :)