Monday, January 23, 2012

New Year's Resolution

So this year I decided to go with a theme for my goals. My theme is appreciation, but I mostly want to focus on appreciating my kids and the time I get to spend with them.

I needed to have some way of tracking this, so I set a goal of reading 3000 books to my kids this year. That averages out to 8 a day or about 250 a month. So far I have loved this goal because when my kids are bored we snuggle up and read a book, or if they want to watch TV we read instead. Even if I don't reach that 3000 mark, it's already been worth it!

Yesterday I had another idea of how I can appreciate my kids and I'm excited to do this one. I am going to write down one funny or cute thing my boys (and eventually Hannah) do everyday. I am pretty good at recording funny things they do, but I'm not consistent and eventually I forget the cute things they say. So every week I'm going to have a blog post titled something like Appreciation Week ___ (add # here), and I will document the funny things they did each day that past week. It might get boring for the reader, but I know I will love it.

No comments: