Monday, September 14, 2009

Box Elder County Fair

The fair was actually a few weeks ago, I'm just slow to post the pictures. We love the Box Elder county fair. There are always awesome crafts, photographs, animals, and rodeo. Our favorite part has to be the hamburgers and blueberry pie though. You don't even have to put condiments on the burger it is so perfect! Benji and I entered photos in the fair this year since we live in the county finally. I received 2 thirds and a second place on my three photos and Benji got a first place. My two 3rd place photos. (Sorry for the face full of hair, Sam!)

Jordan didn't want to pose by his picture, if you can't tell.

Yea 2nd place. This wasn't the best picture, but I'm glad they appreciated the difficulty in taking it...it's a picture of lighting I took without a tripod. (so they probably didn't know that, but still)

Good job Benji!

Our nephew had us both beat though. His chicken won "best in show" and every chicken he entered won first place.

Benji did manage to pop a balloon and win our little cowboy a little mouse toy.


Randomly these three ran into each other at the same time. They were roommates in Logan.

And I, not so randomly ran into some cows.

These overalls were super cute for the fair, but they would not stay buttoned so Jordan looked like he was wearing an overall dress all night.

This is the ride that Jordan still talks about, and now sings about. It's the Ring of Fire.

3 comments:

Camille and Paul said...

Oh man, I am so jealous! Paul doesn't like going this this sort of thing. Well he says he doesn't, but I swear when we get to a place like this he has fun. Maybe I am just imagining that, because we have never been to a fair together. Oh, well. I guess I will just have to come with you next time! Congrats on the photos!

Porter's said...

cute pictures melissa! that's awesome that you guys won ribbons; those are pretty cool lookin' pictures. and i love your bangs! maybe i'll get some:)

Ali said...

Nice pictures! You look great. Your hair looks darker... no more Cali sun? Love the overalls.