Thursday, December 3, 2009

Salt dough ornaments and our little Christmas tree

We weren't going to buy a Christmas tree this year because we were planning on moving in December. I was pretty bummed about it because this is the first Christmas morning we will spend at our own home. Jordan is just getting to the age that he's excited for Christmas, Santa and presents. So I was bummed. But it looks like we won't be moving for a little while, so I went to Walmart and purchased a little Christmas tree. I had to get one small enough that it wouldn't get in the way in our tiny apartment, and big enough that I would feel Christmas tree joy when I looked at it. It just so happens that the perfect tree was only $20! Woohoo. We put it up and then made some cute salt dough ornaments cut out with a star cookie cutter. We baked them and then painted them with yellow sparkly paint. I think they turned out so cute, but I sure disappointed my whole family who thought we were going to have sugar cookies. Oops! This was the best picture I could get of Jordan in front of the tree. He runs when the camera is pulled out.

I still need to find my tree skirt and the star for the top of the tree, but I'm happy with how it turned out.

I had a little help decorating the tree....notice the toothbrush. Nice touch Jordan!!

No comments: