Monday, September 19, 2011

Laundry room

So, as most of you know we are selling our house. I have spent the past 10 days organizing every room, cupboard, closet, nook and cranny. It has been exhausting, but fun, and my house has never looked better. Every day I finish a project and think, "why the heck didn't I do this a year ago!!" It has taken me a lot longer than it normally would because I'm pregnant, but I'm just glad I've had as much energy as I have!

Anyway, I have been cleaning out my laundry room and am stuck on something and decided to turn it over to you for advice. This isn't a pressing issue or a problem or anything I'm stressing about, I just want some opinions.

So this is my little laundry area right here:
Since we moved in that shelf right above the washer and dryer has had paint cans on it. I finally got rid of all the paint, and am now left with a nice useable shelf.

But I don't know what to put on it.I don't want it to look cluttered, but what do you think would be most appealing for a potential buyer when they come and look in my laundry room?

There are shelves above that one where I keep all of my cleaning supplies, and I like that they are tucked away and not seen. I keep my extra laundry soap, bleach, dryer sheets, and old maid socks in this little cupboard thingy
and I have a very convenient peg board across from the washing machine for extra cleaning stuff:
So, should I put the laundry stuff from that cupboard up on the shelf and put something different in the cupboard? Should I put cleaning stuff on the shelf? What would be most interesting/appealing to you if you were looking to buy a house??

3 comments:

A.G. Hadfield said...

It all looks awesome. Can you organize my house next?
Just knowing Sam, maybe the bleach n' stuff could go on the shelf? Great work Melissa!

Melissa said...

Oh, there is a lock on the outside of the laundry room! :)

Kristin said...

Maybe some bins for sorting clean, folded laundry? I know some people fold their laundry right from the dryer and then expect family members to pick it up from that area, obviously older kids.