Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Blimp Cake

This year for Jordan's birthday I wanted to make a cake that looked like something he loved. I wanted to make a waterfall cake because I think it's so funny that he loves them so much, but I couldn't figure out how to make a cool looking waterfall cake. So I went to the next funny obsession--blimps. Since we went to the beach for his birthday I didn't make it on his birthday and then we all got sick, so he just barely got his birthday cake today.

I was so excited how the cake was looking and then I went to write the stupid words. I was using a decorating tip that was WAY too big and I ran out of room. I had to scrape some of the words off so the rest of the frosting got all lumpy and uneven. Oh well, I think it still turned out okay. Jordan was SO excited for the cake so it made it worth it. It's all he's been talking about.
So we sang to Jordan and I cut him a piece to eat. He went to dig in with his hands and I guess he didn't like getting dirty because he asked me to wash his fingers then asked for a fork. How old is this kid!?

5 comments:

Kim said...

Super cool cake!! Amazing job Melissa!!

Julie said...

That is an awesome cake, I absolutely love it! Great job!

Grandma B said...

That is a way cute cake! Sounds like you have a very mannerly child, hope it lasts!

Stephanie said...

That cake is so dang cute! Way to be!

Camille and Paul said...

Yay! I have been looking forward to getting an update on your household and Jordan's birthday! :) How did you manage to make that cake? You will have to teach me the ways!