Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Back-To-School

Okay, okay, okay. I am officially back to blogging. I have sooooo much to catch up on. This is the longest blogging break I have ever taken. Technically I can't even call it a blogging break because I have been working even harder on my other blog MyMommyStyle.com. So I've been working hard on posting recipes, but I haven't posted any family stuff and I miss it! I'm going to start out with something recent because it will help me ease into things.

One week ago Jordan started 1st grade! He has two teachers Mrs. Usher and Miss Endo and so far he loves them. He likes school, but I could tell the long days were getting to him when on the FOURTH day of school he had a melt down right before we had to leave. He was bawling because he didn't want to go to school and I was holding in evil laughter because I wanted to tell him, "silly boy, this is the fourth day of school, you have no idea how many more of these days and months and years you have, my friend." But instead I pat his back and gave him snuggles and promised snacks when he got home and shoved him out the door.

The first day of school I had all his clothes set out, with his back pack nearby loaded with all of his supplies. I had photo props ready and we woke 90 minutes before school to ensure we would be on time and also be able to get some cute pictures on the way out. Well, just as it was time to take pictures I could hear the bathroom door close and the fan come on. Jordan picked that time to go #2, so our pictures were rushed, but we got some. He was late for school on the first day. Oh well.




Saying goodbye to Den at the car.





Waving to me when I picked him up.



1 comment:

Kelsey Deklerk said...

An Anaconda!!? Really!! come on.

But I can't believe how grown up he is...