Sunday, September 7, 2008

Random thoughts, pictures, fun, and stories

I have never been a coupon clipper. I always thought it wasn't worth my time, and since generic brands are way cheaper than name brands, I just bought those and thought I was getting the best deal possible. Well, this week I stumbled across this amazing blog. She taught me the power of the coupon, and I am a believer. The beauty of the blog is she looks in all the ads, and stores and finds the best deals and tells you about them all, so you don't even have to do the hard part. I have started clipping coupons, printing them from the internet, and have even started shopping at stores I didn't think I could get good deals in. I found out that Walgreens and Rite Aid are stocked with bargain gems. Anyway, if you are interested you should check out the blog because she explains everything perfectly. Warning: you may become addicted.


On Friday we were able to make it back to Disneyland again. We were a little worried it would be way crowded since it was Friday, but there were hardly any long lines. We were able to walk right on to Buzz Lightyear, Snow White, Pirates of the Carribean, and Indiana Jones, and only waited in minimal lines for the rest of the rides we rode.We were also able to get on the Finding Nemo ride. Since it's a new ride the lines have been at least one hour all year. We only had to wait 20 minutes. Jordan loved the ride. He loved looking at the fish and bubbles. For those of you who have been on the ride you know there is a part where it goes pitch black for a minute. When the submarine went dark Jordan calmly exclaimed, "uh-oh!" loud enough for most of the passengers to hear. Jordan is starting to really enjoy Disneyland and all of the rides, his siblings are going to be so jealous!



Speaking of the happiest place on earth, Jordan has been throwing temper tantrums lately. I didn't think this was supposed to happen until the terrible twos! Most of the time he will throw himself on the ground and scream when he doesn't get what he wants (like cookies for breakfast). But occasionally he will start kicking and screaming for no apparent reason.
Today was an especially difficult day at church. Jordan was quite the screamer. I took him in the foyer and he threw himself on the ground, arched his back, kicked his feet, and cried. I don't know what to do!!! He is typically a mild mannered child so this is pretty shocking for me. Hopefully it's just a phase, or the teething.





Here are a few videos I took on our way to Arizona that I forgot to add. This first one I added because Jordan says, "bus" which is one of my favorite words he says. Unfortunately, I covered the microphone with my finger right when he says it, so you can barely hear it.



This video is of Jordan rocking out in the backseat.

No comments: