Thursday, January 15, 2009

San Diego Zoo

My dearest friend Stephanie and her husband Brett visited us this week. They were able to make it to Universal Studios and then I went with them to Disneyland and the San Diego Zoo. I had so much fun having them here and it was nice to get out and do some fun things. Because Jordan missed his nap at Disneyland and was up late the night before the zoo was actually a nightmare at some points. It was the first time I realized I am not ready for TWO kids! Not ready. Nope. I change my mind. I guess having #2 has to happen sometime, right? I'm nervous. Or in lots of trouble. We'll see. I like short sentences. Yes. I. Do.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the zoo, which was actually pretty fun despite my earlier rant. I have a lot of animal pictures, so I'll try to only post my favorites...which might still be a lot of pictures.

This guy was playing peek-a-boo with Jordan. He loved it!

We didn't mean to end up with a picture of the rear end of an elephant. He just had to turn around!

We got to feel a camel.

My favorite picture of my belly...ever.

I also got to feed a camel. Maybe not as cool as you think.

This picture tells the story of the entire day. Jordan's dirty face, slight glare, not listening to me, throwing his head back when I try to pick him up, etc., etc. I guess it doesn't show him running from me, but it tells enough.

We watched this polar bear eat a bunch of carrots. Jordan was more interested in the carrots that the bear kept dropping in the water. Jordan made a friend and laughed and pointed to the carrots with him for awhile. The next few pictures are of him being so goofy looking at the carrots.
This is a gorilla.

3 comments:

Benji said...

Ha ha! The camel has two humps and Melissa has one.

Julie said...

Looks like a wonderful time (except for the 2 year old tantrum part) Don't worry, he'll be fine, just avoid public places.

Stephanie said...

We had so much fun with you!!!