Saturday, April 3, 2010

Coloring the Easter eggs

Jordan had so much fun coloring Easter eggs with me. He was amazed at the "magic" of the eggs turning colors.


All the pretty colors waiting for the eggs.

The pre-colored eggs, all cooked, cooled, and ready to go!

Jordan holding the first egg ready to be dunked. We had to switch from the bowls to mugs because the water was too shallow in the bowls to cover the whole egg.

Jordan would throw his hands in the air and yell, "I did it! I did it! I REALLY did it!" every time he put an egg in.

Here he is writing on one of the eggs with a white crayon. I wrote his name on one of the eggs and said each letter as I wrote it, so he kept saying, "W....X....Y.....Z...." as he scribbled on his egg.

His egg turned out to be my favorite.

Of course, we didn't get away from this project without a little bit of a mess.

This is Jordan's "oops face" right after he dunked the egg in the water too hard.

We made personalized eggs for everyone in the family. Jordan thought they were blimps.

Jordan's favorite part was when we dumped all the colored water in the sink and rinsed the cups. He told me it was "pretty cute."

1 comment:

Camille and Paul said...

How fun! We are not doing colored eggs this year because I figure it isn't worth the mess until Jackson can be a part of the fun and actually kind of get what we are doing...at least that is what i am saying. I found this website that is totally dedicated to retro things 50-60-70's fashion and design and she posts houses that she drools over and how brightly colored counter tops are "in" right now. So, you may want to consider leaving yours alone! YES, one less project! :)