Thursday, April 15, 2010

This is what my backyard looks like lately

This is a bad picture, but I think you get the idea. There is usually something drying in my backyard after getting spray painted. I love spray paint. These are a few projects for Jordan's birthday party, but I have a few more projects coming up.

For example, I just bought this ordinary coffee table from D.I. for $8! It looks pretty cool right now, but I can't help but think this pretty detailing around it would look awesome painted. We'll see.
Also, remember my lamps I bought at D.I. for $2 each. Well, I found matching shades at Ross for $2 each. So ladies and gentleman, I have two matching cool looking lamps that I paid $8 for. Plus about $6 for the cost of primer and spray paint, but still, I think $14 was a great deal!Now I'm waiting to decide on the colors in my front room, but I think these bad boys will be a soft buttery yellow or a bright robin egg blue type color. They definitely need some sort of color.


The people that lived here before left their hanging pot holder behind, and even though I loved the extra space in my cupboards I had after hanging my pots, I didn't like how the pot holder looked.
(It's the copper looking thing with animals above the stove range in this picture...)

And here it is now, without the animals, and with some ivory colored spray paint.

Well, anyway, as you can clearly see I am a woman obsessed. I have a hard time sleeping at night because I'm constantly thinking about how I want to decorate, what project is next, and what colors am I going to decorate with. I'm sorry, you'll have to put up with stupid updates on my house and decorating for a little while now. Hopefully I'll be done soon. This is the first time I've actually had a little money to spend on my home so I think that makes it even worse.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love it! It's like watching HGTV with the coolest people!

Anonymous said...

I love it!! Maybe I didn't read that you were going to put color on your laps the first time I saw them... I was thinking, "Wow, she really likes the white decorations." I love what your doing and you sound like me. "Hmm... this would look REALLY good another color!" Keep up the good work!!

Anonymous said...

*Lamps haha!

Melissa said...

Jen, I think I've primed about 15 different things white, and now I'm just waiting to decide on colors, so really my house is full of white decorations. I've kind of hit a decorating wall--I like finding things, but now I don't know what colors to make them. Oh well, the whole process is a lot of fun. Whenever I find old furniture that I don't like I think of your awesome hutch/buffet thing you redid and think that everything has some potential. You inspire me! :)

Doran & Jody said...

FINALLY!! I have been wondering who in the world I could call to come and decorate my house. I just bought a couple of shelves, and a magazine rack from the DI. I don't know exactly what I am going to do with them. ALSO, I have pictures taken from my kitchen and bedrooms and ready to strip the pictures out of the front room and beg someone to come hang them so they will look nice.

When should I call you?