Thursday, April 8, 2010

Projects

I finally finished painting my family room downstairs. I LOVE how it is looking. Just don't mind the mess in the picture, it really looks 100 times better than it did when we bought the house (okay, in my opinion) and I think it will look even better when it's all complete. I finally painted the cabinet doors and got new hardware for them yesterday and hung them up. It's amazing the difference the doors make those built-ins look. I still need to paint the trim all around the room white and we are getting new black leather couches this week AND I should be getting all of the decor that will go on those shelves some time soon. Sometime in the near future I also plan on getting a mantel shelf and something (hopefully a family picture) to go above the fireplace.

Ooooohhh, are you getting as excited as me? Probably not.

Moving on, I have been thrift store shopping every week since we bought the house to snatch great deals on accessories that I can spray paint to fit my colors and taste. I decided since today is such a warm day I should get started with the priming.

I found these matching lamps at D.I. for $2 each! They were brass, which didn't exactly flow with my style and the style I'm going for in my house so after a little spray paint they are starting to look more like me. They're maybe not the shape I would have chosen, but seriously I couldn't pass on $4 for two lamps. I think they'll look quite charming once I dress them up with some handsome shades. Ooooooohhh, now I bet you're getting excited.


I also found this large blue vase. It's beautiful the way it is, and I kind of felt bad spray painting it, but it doesn't work with the color in my house and I couldn't pass up on a large, wonderfully shaped vase that was only $4!

Here it is primed. I think it might be black--not sure. It might have stripes--not sure. I want it to be dramatic--still not sure.

Here are just some simple candle holders (.25 cents each) that I love...

but I love them more like this. (once again, not sure on the color, probably white)

3 comments:

Camille and Paul said...

This is the post that I have been waiting for! It makes me so envious of you doing a make over, it makes me want to make over my house again! I am loving your white accessories! Are these going to be in your kitchen or the living room?

Jessica C. said...

You are giving me some major inspiration and excitement to decorate a new place!!

Ali said...

I'm so, so, so excited for you! I love all the pictures and love the green in the room. where'd you get the couches? they look like they're in great shape! Keep the house make-over pictures coming. That way, I can live vicariously through you and know that someday I'll have a house, too!