Sunday, April 18, 2010

Jordan's birthday party

Jordan had a basketball themed birthday party last Saturday, and I think he had a lot of fun. I bought basketball decorations, and treats a week before the party and it was so hard for Jordan to stare at all the basketball goodies for so long, so the day of his party he was jumping off the walls. I had so much fun getting this party put together and I'm so happy with how everything turned out. More importantly, Jordan had an awesome time, and loved being with his family and friends!
This is our front room with all the basketball decorations.

The present table with the basketball pinata.

The front walk-way even was decorated.


This is Jordan's cake, he LOVES watching videos of the backboard glass shattering after somebody dunks it. He calls it broken basketball and that's the kind of cake he wanted.

If you look closely you'll notice it really is broken :)


Jordan is showing me how it broke.

Yummy basketball cookies.

Everyone singing to Jordan, I like this picture because our computer's screen-saver is a slideshow of all of our pictures, and it just so happens the picture up on the screen is of me in the hospital when I was in labor with Jordan.

This picture is why I put a candle on a cupcake instead of the big cake. Yumm...

Getting ready for the basketball pinata....



Jordan was so funny while opening his presents. We took 6 hours to open Christmas presents this past year so it shouldn't have surprised me that he wanted to open and play with each present right after he opened them.
Some of his funny moments:
-He had to take a few breaks and drink lemonade. I think it's because he never gets way sugary drinks like lemonade and he was making sure he got as much as possible that day.
-Randomly half way through opening presents he wanted to go sit by his Uncle Mike.
-While opening a present, he stopped, got a huge smile on his face and said, "I tooted!!"
-He opened a present and said, "OH, I want one of these for my birthday!"



After opening presents he told everyone he wanted go shoot the ball and have everyone cheer for him. Go Jordan!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

3 comments:

Camille and Paul said...

YAY! Happy Birthday! I just posted Jackson's birthday pictures today too! :) We were sad that we couldn't make it out. Jackson spent the entire weekend throwing up/sneezing/coughing. Turns out he has an ear infection.bummer. I am glad your party turned out so cute! It looks like Jordan had a BLAST!

Anonymous said...

What a cute mom you are!! Looks like he had an awesome basketball birthday party! You did awesome on all the treats and decorations!

Happy Birthday, Jordan!!

Doran & Jody said...

LOL. What a cute little ham he is. And you did a great job on the deco's and treats. Can I be his grandma and come to the next party?