Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Jordan's birthday fun

It was Jordan's third birthday yesterday and we had so much fun. We first started out with a pancake breakfast and Jordan got a trike from Benji and me. I didn't get any pictures of him on his trike so I'll have to post those later.

Anyway, I wanted to do something during the day that was relatively cheap (or free), and something that Jordan would love. I decided we should go park hopping. We ended up going to 5 different parks in Brigham City in the morning and afternoon. It was such a beautiful sunny day and we had a lot of fun testing out Brigham City's parks.

Jordan did a lot of running,

and climbing through tubes,

and going down many different slides,

and sometimes deciding not to go on slides,

he climbed on a lot of different things,

and pretended to play basketball,

and even jumped in a few puddles.

He also got very very dirty. If you look at his hands closely in this picture, you'll know what I'm talking about. After each park we had a face scrub and hand wash--seriously he was constantly covered in dirt, but that probably means he had fun!!

Oh, at one point he even said he was "in a shower." :)

I think he had a lot of fun!

Since it was hard to keep Sam out of the wood chips, and keep those wood chips out of his mouth,

he got to climb through tubes and tunnels too.

And that made him very happy.

At the last park of the day I put something together. I noticed Jordan didn't want to go in the tube slides. I figured out he thought he was too big for them and he thought he would get stuck, I figured this out after he would tell me the tube slides were for Sammy. So I wanted to prove to him we wouldn't get stuck so I loaded Sam on one leg, Jordan on the other, and the camera in the middle, and we all went down a tube slide--here is the only proof I have....

We then met Benji for lunch at McDonald's. Jordan met Millsap there, but judging by the look on his face, I don't know how excited he was.

He was excited for his very own Happy Meal though....okay, maybe just the toy.

I love the play place at this McDonald's because they have a bunch of big soft toys the boys can climb on, so Sam has lots of fun too.

When you climb on the instruments they make sound, this was Sam's priceless reaction to the music.

Jordan played a lot of basketball with his dad while we were there.

and once again, had a lot of fun!

The last park of the day was Pioneer Park. It's Jordan's favorite because it has a 'waterfall' so we spent a lot of time looking at it. This was my first attempt at taking a picture of the boys looking at me....

so I decided to take a picture of them looking at the waterfall and I think it turned out way better. It's my favorite picture of the day.

Anyway, I think both boys enjoyed their day. Later we had a small party with cupcakes and pizza. I'll post those pictures later.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

What cute brothers!

Doran & Jody said...

What a fun and exhausting day!

I just LOVE that 'waterfall-boys' picture too.