Saturday, April 10, 2010

New couches....well, new to us.

I bought these used fabulous black leather reclining couches yesterday. It's the most money I've ever spent on furniture--and they are used. I had a hard time forking over the dough just knowing that, but they were the third of the cost of brand new leather couches with recliners, so I'm happy. And they're in perfect condition--or they were before we had to slide them in through our window to get them in the room.This room is coming together nicely, next up is a new mantel shelf that I ordered online and I need to figure out what decorations to put in the built-ins (don't worry, I don't plan on leaving a can of paint there as decor). Oh, and I need to rehang the cabinet doors on the left side. I'll have to post a picture of the back of this room when I actually get it finished. It had wallpaper on the wall and it is taking forever to get it scraped off.

Here's what it looked like before. We took down those 1960's speakers in the corners and the poorly hung wallpaper, and hopefully it will start to look better because it looks awful right now. I am happy that our black leather couches tie in the oober cheesy dry bar somehow.

4 comments:

Camille and Paul said...

Wahoo! IT is looking SO GOOD! :) I am loving it.

Kristin said...

Your couches are gorgeous! I had friends who had an unwanted dry bar int heir basement. It became a snamck center for movie nights.

Jessica C. said...

Ohhwee! Looking good!!

Doran & Jody said...

Yep, yep. You definately need to be my deco woman.